Wednesday, January 13, 2010

EGA Girl

I have had the privilege of stitching on a national Embroidery Guild project, and I am so thrilled! I finished my part of it today.


I stitched the hat. The beret is stitched with black pearl cotton in the woven stitch, and the stripes are stitched in raised stem stitch with bronze Kreinik braid. This piece is the largest project I have ever worked on, and the hardest part was finding a stand that would hold her so I could work comfortably on her! I ended up using my Japanese Embroidery stand. The thing I am most proud of is that I finished her on time! :o)

1 comment:

KnitYoga said...

Wow, you did an awesome job on the hat! Impressive!